- Main Attractions
- What's On
- What's on in Bilbao this July
- Fun and Serious Game Festival 2014
- What's on in Bilbao December 2016
- The San Mamés Stadium
- The Guggenheim
- Zinebi International Festival
- What to do in Bilbao this Christmas
- What to do this Halloween in Bilbao
- San Blas Day in Bilbao 2015
- 2015-2016, first year of Ignaciano Pilgrimaje
- Bilbao Easter Guide 2015
- What's on in Bilbao this May
- Northern Way of St James, World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- This autumn, Bilbao is bursting with things to do!
- What’s on? August 2015
- What's On
- Christmas in Bilbao 2015
- What's On
- What's on Bilbao in February
- What's on Bilbao in April
- What's on Bilbao in May
- What’s On in June?
- What’s On in Bilbao in August
- What's On September
- What's on in Bilbao this October
- What's on in Bilbao this November
- What's on in Bilbao January 2017
- What's on in Bilbao February 2017
- What's on in Bilbao March 2017
- What's on in Bilbao April 2017
- What's on in Bilbao May 2017
- What's on in Bilbao July 2017
- What's on in Bilbao August 2017
- What's on in Bilbao September 2017
- Music events Bilbao May & June
- Terracotta Army – The Xi’an Warriors in Bilbao
- Japan Weekend Bilbao 2015
- Top 5 activities with children in Bilbao
- Special Offers
- Plan your trip
What's on in Bilbao this May
The temperature is rising so summer must be on its way! We have found some of the best events for you to enjoy that are happening in Bilbao during May…
Fantastic Film Festival FANT
Firstly, are you a film fanatic? The Bilbao Fantastic Film Festival takes place between the 8th and 15th May and would be perfect for all you movie lovers. At this event you can see many film screenings, including some by the most reputed international directors, so there will be something for everyone, even if films don’t take your fancy then this festival is sure to adjust that attitude. A ticket which allows you into all of the festivals sessions costs just 25€.
Take advantage of the glorious weather and bask in the sun rays whilst either competing or spectating at the annual Bilbao Triathlon. On 30th May 2015 watch nearly 1000 competitors battle across three sports including a 1900m swim in the river, then a 145km bike race, and lastly followed by 21km on foot. This event is free to watch so go join the fun and spectate as athletes push themselves to their limit.
See one of the most beloved Spanish artists, Melendi, perform his new tour ‘Schoolboy More’, featuring tracks from his new seventh album. Melendi will be gracing some of the country’s most prestigious stages, including performing live at the Bilbao Arena on May 15th. He says this latest album is his “best and most important”. Enjoy a spectacular evening of entertainment and then return back to Holiday Inn Express Bilbao Airport for a good night’s rest afterwards!
With so much on offer in Bilbao this May why not book some days off and stay with Holiday Inn Express Bilbao Airport.