- Main Attractions
- What's On
- What's on in Bilbao this July
- Fun and Serious Game Festival 2014
- What's on in Bilbao December 2016
- The San Mamés Stadium
- The Guggenheim
- Zinebi International Festival
- What to do in Bilbao this Christmas
- What to do this Halloween in Bilbao
- San Blas Day in Bilbao 2015
- 2015-2016, first year of Ignaciano Pilgrimaje
- Bilbao Easter Guide 2015
- What's on in Bilbao this May
- Northern Way of St James, World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- This autumn, Bilbao is bursting with things to do!
- What’s on? August 2015
- What's On
- Christmas in Bilbao 2015
- What's On
- What's on Bilbao in February
- What's on Bilbao in April
- What's on Bilbao in May
- What’s On in June?
- What’s On in Bilbao in August
- What's On September
- What's on in Bilbao this October
- What's on in Bilbao this November
- What's on in Bilbao January 2017
- What's on in Bilbao February 2017
- What's on in Bilbao March 2017
- What's on in Bilbao April 2017
- What's on in Bilbao May 2017
- What's on in Bilbao July 2017
- What's on in Bilbao August 2017
- What's on in Bilbao September 2017
- What's on in Bilbao February 2018
- What's on in Bilbao March 2018
- Music events Bilbao May & June
- Terracotta Army – The Xi’an Warriors in Bilbao
- Japan Weekend Bilbao 2015
- Top 5 activities with children in Bilbao
- Special Offers
- Plan your trip
The best way of doing the Camino De Santiago walk
This winter Bilbao has lots of with things to do!
Whether you're staying for a romantic vacation, spending time with family or just want a relaxing weekend. Holiday Inn Express Bilbao Airport what’s on page make planning your trip easy and affordable!
Moving now into winter it’s getting colder but why not wrap up and explore the fabulous events Bilbao has to offer this November. There is so much to see and do here, you will sure of a very warm welcome from us here in Bilbao.
Have a look at what Bilbao events we have hand-picked for you:
The Holiday Inn Express Bilbao is the perfect location to use at the start or end of the walk, with its excellent proximity and central location to all transport routes for the Camino De Santiago walk. The hotel has very good accommodation and is very popular with tourists and walkers taking part in the Camino De Santiago walk.
There is a variety of options of doing the walk, many people choose to do the pilgrimage in stages days. The Confraternity of St James (csj.org.uk) is the best place to get all the information you require about the options and routes that are available for the walk before you start and will help you to put a plan together of what you would like to do. We would also recommend that you have a look at the Spanish (spain.info) and Galician (turgalicia.es) tourist information office websites. Local and national tour operators can organise fully guided or self-guided walking trips including the Camino Ways.
You can choose different ways to do the walks the Camino Francés, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela – around 70 miles. But if you prefer to walk a shorter distance or have a limited amount of time there are several, shorter routes too. A five-night walk covering the Camino Finisterre, where you actually start in Santiago de Compostela and walk to Finisterre on the Atlantic coast, a distance of around 55 miles, stopping off at fabulous beaches. Another option is to use the Galician tourist board’s Iacobus service, which takes you to the starting point every day, picks you up in the afternoon and takes you to a rural guesthouse. All the pilgrimage routes are covered, including the Primitivo path from the city of La Coruña on the coast to Santiago de Compostela, a distance of 46 miles which you walk three days.
Read more about St James and the 'Way of St James' here.
Whichever option you decide you will be guaranteed a spectacular experience. Why not start or finish with an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Bilbao.