- Main Attractions
- What's On
- What's on in Bilbao this July
- Fun and Serious Game Festival 2014
- What's on in Bilbao December 2016
- The San Mamés Stadium
- The Guggenheim
- Zinebi International Festival
- What to do in Bilbao this Christmas 2014
- San Blas Day in Bilbao 2015
- 2015-2016, first year of Ignaciano Pilgrimaje
- Bilbao Easter Guide 2015
- What's on in Bilbao this May
- Northern Way of St James, World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- This autumn, Bilbao is bursting with things to do!
- What’s on? August 2015
- What's On
- Christmas in Bilbao 2015
- What's On
- What's on Bilbao in February
- What's on Bilbao in April
- What's on Bilbao in May
- What’s On in June?
- What’s On in Bilbao in August
- What's On September
- What's on in Bilbao this October
- What's on in Bilbao this November
- What's on in Bilbao January 2017
- What's on in Bilbao February 2017
- What's on in Bilbao March 2017
- What's on in Bilbao April 2017
- What's on in Bilbao May 2017
- What's on in Bilbao July 2017
- What's on in Bilbao August 2017
- Music events Bilbao May & June
- Terracotta Army – The Xi’an Warriors in Bilbao
- Japan Weekend Bilbao 2015
- Top 5 activities with children in Bilbao
- Special Offers
- Plan your trip
We can’t believe it's December already! Enjoy the fantastic events we have for this month!
Whether you are here to complete your Christmas shopping, enjoying a relaxing weekend away from it all or spending time with the family the Holiday Inn Express Bilbao is the perfect destination.
Bilbao is glistening with beautiful lights, festive colours and delightful music, stay at The Holiday Inn Express Bilbao and visit some wonderful local events to get you in the Christmas spirit this December. Here are the events that we have selected for you for December:
December will see the main streets of Bilbao transform into a huge setting with fantastic Christmas carols and handmade ornaments. You will experience there festivities with shops, bars and restaurants decorating their facilities and shop window. Many of them will also take part in the traditional Shop Window Contest which has run for the past twenty-four years in Biscay.
A number of areas throughout the Biscayan capital house have numerous crib exhibitions of all kinds every year. The most outstanding exhibition is the one that is in the portico of the church of San Nicolás de Bari, where spectacular audio visual cribs are on display. Continuing with the yearly tradition the Diocesan Museum will hold a worldwide crib exhibition as well as the Holy Week Procession.
Craftsmanship occupies a large and very important section of the Christmas planning in Bilbao. As in previous years a large marquee is up next to the Arriaga Theatre. Artisans from the Basque Country and different regions of the Spanish State will place stands with their works. Moreover, Bailén Street, which is opposite the FEVE station, will have stalls with precious metals, necklaces, bracelets and rings. This is a wonderful and truly memorable occasion for Christmas shopping.
Santo Tomás Fair
Date: 21st December
Venue: Streets of the Old Town in Bilbao
The fair is one of the most celebrated festivities in Bilbao is Santo Tomás. Thousands of people fill the streets of the old town on the occasion of a day that pays tribute to the farmers and where the highest quality local produce will be able to be purchased.
Date: 15th December – 5th January
Venue: Bilbao Exhibition Centre
The children enjoy these as there is the ever popular Christmas Amusement Park for Children, PIN.
San Silvestre Race
Date: 31st December
A yearly tradition, the Rekalde San Silvestre race will take place on the last day of the year, a race that usually attracts more than 1,000 runners each year.
With such a great variety of events available which one will you decide?! Whichever you choose you will be guaranteed a wonderful experience. Why not start or finish with an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Bilbao.