- Main Attractions
- What's On
- What's on in Bilbao this July
- Fun and Serious Game Festival 2014
- What's on in Bilbao December 2016
- The San Mamés Stadium
- The Guggenheim
- Zinebi International Festival
- What to do in Bilbao this Christmas
- What to do this Halloween in Bilbao
- San Blas Day in Bilbao 2015
- 2015-2016, first year of Ignaciano Pilgrimaje
- Bilbao Easter Guide 2015
- What's on in Bilbao this May
- Northern Way of St James, World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- This autumn, Bilbao is bursting with things to do!
- What’s on? August 2015
- What's On
- Christmas in Bilbao 2015
- What's On
- What's on Bilbao in February
- What's on Bilbao in April
- What's on Bilbao in May
- What’s On in June?
- What’s On in Bilbao in August
- What's On September
- What's on in Bilbao this October
- What's on in Bilbao this November
- What's on in Bilbao January 2017
- What's on in Bilbao February 2017
- What's on in Bilbao March 2017
- What's on in Bilbao April 2017
- What's on in Bilbao May 2017
- What's on in Bilbao July 2017
- What's on in Bilbao August 2017
- What's on in Bilbao September 2017
- Music events Bilbao May & June
- Terracotta Army – The Xi’an Warriors in Bilbao
- Japan Weekend Bilbao 2015
- Top 5 activities with children in Bilbao
- Special Offers
- Plan your trip
What to do this Halloween in Bilbao
Don’t miss the scariest events of the year in Bilbao!
In Spain, Halloween is a three day event beginning on 31st October with ‘El Dia de las Brujas’ (The Day of the Witches), followed by ‘El Dia de Todos los Santos’ (All Saints Day), and finishing with ‘El Dia de los Difuntos’ (All Soul’s Day). Traditionally, the whole city will celebrate the period, with flower shops displaying radiant flowers and gorgeous bouquets alongside pumpkins, mini pumpkins, and fall bouquets carved into the pumpkins.
Northern Spain also celebrates El Dia de Todos los Santos and El Dia de los Difuntos with traditional pastries such as Huesitos de Santo (Bones of the Holy) and Buñuelos de Viento (Puffs of Wind). The Huesitos de Santo are made of marzipan dough rolled into thick thumb sized tubes and filled with various flavours, such as chocolate, coconut shavings, marmalade, and banana. Similarly, the Buñuelos de Viento are also stuffed, however these use pastry cream and chocolate. The sweetened dough fritters are then dusted with sugar and cinnamon before being served. These delicious treats can be found in almost all pastry shops across Bilbao, alongside other spooky themed baked goods.
Throughout the holiday, Bilbao also holds several events throughout the city to celebrate:
Bilbao Halloween Festival
Held at the BEC!, Bilbao will be hit by an event you simply can’t miss! Featuring music from C.Tangana, Locoplaya, and Space Elephants, plus sets from Jon Flores, Mister Kul, and Jonhy Zen, this Halloween Festival will be a night to remember and at only 25 euros per person how can you resist?! Starting at 8pm on 31st October you’ll be able to party the night away and celebrate the holiday. For more information, visit the Bilbao Exhibition Centre website.
Getxo Drive-In Theatre
What’s spookier than sitting in your car at night watching horror movies on a giant screen to celebrate the scariest season of them all? Celebrate Halloween with the Gexto Drive-In Theatre as they show everyone’s favourite scary films in the leed up to Halloween. You won’t even need to leave the comfort of your own car as nibbles and beverages can be brought staright to you by the staff, And at only 10 Euros per car, there’s no reason not to go! Visit the Theatre’s website to see what films will be shown this year.
On 31st October, join Enigmatium for a dinner you can never forget! Enjoy a delicious, carefully prepared meal whilst enjoying animations, humour shows, magic and fear shows at the restaurant. You will also be able to test your puzzle solving skills at the dinner-show. And let’s not forget about the free bar and refreshments throughout the night! For more information on how Enigmatium will be celebrating, visit their website.
Make sure you have somewhere to stay after all of the excitement with Holiday Inn Express Bilbao. Stay with us for a comfortable room and exceptional service that'll keep all the ghouls and ghosts away!
Click here to book a room.