- Main Attractions
- What's On
- What's on in Bilbao this July
- Fun and Serious Game Festival 2014
- What's on in Bilbao December 2016
- The San Mamés Stadium
- The Guggenheim
- Zinebi International Festival
- What to do in Bilbao this Christmas
- What to do this Halloween in Bilbao
- San Blas Day in Bilbao 2015
- 2015-2016, first year of Ignaciano Pilgrimaje
- Bilbao Easter Guide 2015
- What's on in Bilbao this May
- Northern Way of St James, World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- This autumn, Bilbao is bursting with things to do!
- What’s on? August 2015
- What's On
- Christmas in Bilbao 2015
- What's On
- What's on Bilbao in February
- What's on Bilbao in April
- What's on Bilbao in May
- What’s On in June?
- What’s On in Bilbao in August
- What's On September
- What's on in Bilbao this October
- What's on in Bilbao this November
- What's on in Bilbao January 2017
- What's on in Bilbao February 2017
- What's on in Bilbao March 2017
- What's on in Bilbao April 2017
- What's on in Bilbao May 2017
- What's on in Bilbao July 2017
- What's on in Bilbao August 2017
- What's on in Bilbao September 2017
- What's on in Bilbao February 2018
- What's on in Bilbao March 2018
- Music events Bilbao May & June
- Terracotta Army – The Xi’an Warriors in Bilbao
- Japan Weekend Bilbao 2015
- Top 5 activities with children in Bilbao
- Special Offers
- Plan your trip
Top 5 activities with children in Bilbao
From Holiday Inn Express Bilbao Airport Hotel, we are pleased to give you some ideas to spend a fabulous Father’s Day with your kids.
At the Maritim Museum you can find dinosaurs! The great exhibition called “Gigantes de la edad de hielo, Evolución humana y Dinosaurios” can be found in a 4000m2 marquee at the outdoor of the Museum next to the river. It contains a 2D cinema and several activities for children.
If you are not a big fan of dinosaurs, what about sharks? At the Getxo Aquarium you can see real sharks! This Aquarium is known to be one of the best top ten aquariums in Spain. They are within easy reach, as all you have to do is take the metro to get to Getxo Aquarium. Get off at Neguri station (20 minutes from the centre of Bilbao) and it’s a 10-minute walk with beautiful seaside views of the shore off the bay, the Abra de Bilbao.
If you fancy History, the Butron Castle is your best bet. It dates originally from the Middle Ages, although it owes its present appearance to an almost complete rebuilding, begun by Francisco de Cubas (also known as Marqués de Cubas) in 1878. However, it is closed to the public but you can still enjoy walking around its splendorous gardens or even eating out in the near restaurants.
The Santa Catalina Lighthouse is a must-do! This Interpretation Centre, which is dedicated to navigation, gives us the opportunity to place ourselves in the shoes of sailors who, lost at sea, finally see the beam of the lighthouse, which guides them home safely. Thanks to the technological resources available at the Santa Catalina Lighthouse, visitors will be able to learn the basic principles of navigation, which take their roots into ancient times. They will be able to put their newly-acquired knowledge into practice by taking a virtual boat trip from Elantxobe to Lekeitio. They will also study maritime signals in a workshop and will get to witness a beautiful sunset from their position on the lighthouse terrace.
And if you are going to Gernika, after you visit “El Árbol” and inside the Biosphere Reserve, you can visit the Forest of Oma. This forest is well-known for being an outdoor museum, as the artist Agustín Ibarrola painted these trees to make them a masterpiece.
No doubt that after some busy days like these ones, all you need is a good night' sleep! Holiday Inn Express Bilbao Airport is your best bet!