- Main Attractions
- What's On
- What's on in Bilbao this July
- Fun and Serious Game Festival 2014
- What's on in Bilbao December 2016
- The San Mamés Stadium
- The Guggenheim
- Zinebi International Festival
- What to do in Bilbao this Christmas 2014
- San Blas Day in Bilbao 2015
- 2015-2016, first year of Ignaciano Pilgrimaje
- Bilbao Easter Guide 2015
- What's on in Bilbao this May
- Northern Way of St James, World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- This autumn, Bilbao is bursting with things to do!
- What’s on? August 2015
- What's On
- Christmas in Bilbao 2015
- What's On
- What's on Bilbao in February
- What's on Bilbao in April
- What's on Bilbao in May
- What’s On in June?
- What’s On in Bilbao in August
- What's On September
- What's on in Bilbao this October
- What's on in Bilbao this November
- What's on in Bilbao January 2017
- What's on in Bilbao February 2017
- What's on in Bilbao March 2017
- What's on in Bilbao April 2017
- What's on in Bilbao May 2017
- What's on in Bilbao July 2017
- What's on in Bilbao August 2017
- Music events Bilbao May & June
- Terracotta Army – The Xi’an Warriors in Bilbao
- Japan Weekend Bilbao 2015
- Top 5 activities with children in Bilbao
- Special Offers
- Plan your trip
2015-2016, first year of Ignaciano Pilgrimage
The pilgrimage to Manresa and Loyola sanctuaries is a journey like nothing else you've ever done.
On this journey, every day has the potential of presenting something completely new. In order to be receptive to this experience, the attitude of the pilgrim has to be free, spontaneous, unstructured. The pilgrimage is not free of contradictions, however, and one of its many little ironies is that the first step toward this state entails a certain amount of very practical preparation ahead of time. It doesn't take much, but it must all be done!
This first Ignaciano Pilgrimage will celebrate its first year from the 31st July 2015 to 31st July 2016. The next one will take place on 2021-2022, coinciding with the fifth centenary of the Saint Ignacio’s conversion and his pilgrimage to Manresa.
The Jesus Company officially found on the 31st July 2014, it has the purpose to maintain alive the ignaciano spirit with the pilgrimage. This pilgrimage was very popular on the seventieth century after the canonization of Saint Ignacio and Saint Francisco Javier. It has been increasing during the twentieth century and the beginning of the twentieth-first century.
After finishing the pilgrimage the best thing you could ask for is a great night’s sleep, and that’s exactly what you’ll get if you book a room with us here at Holiday Inn Express Bilbao Airport. With accommodation for large and small groups, a stay at Holiday Inn Express Bilbao Airport will ensure the perfect night!